If you’re interested in customer-facing skills, we’d like to meet you!
- Email: email@example.com
- Resume & Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Previous work experience at a winery/tasting room is an asset!
Email your Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Kalala Organic Estate Winery is a producer of wines made with 100% certified organic grapes, located in West Kelowna, BC. We have been producing wine from top-quality grapes hand-picked from certified organic vineyards across the Okanagan Valley since 2006, officially opening our doors to the public in 2008. Since then our wines have impressed critics both nationally and internationally.
Our Wineshop Sales Associates create wonderful and educational experiences for our guests from across the Globe. This is a unique and varied role that requires someone who is motivated, outgoing, and eager to learn about the wine industry and, specifically, organic wines and organic viticulture.
- Opening/closing the wineshop (including counting cash and reconciling any differences)
- Pouring wines for customers and tour groups
- Re-stocking shelves and keeping the wineshop clean
- Explaining the wines and information about the winery
- Promoting and selling wines, wine club memberships and merchandise during tastings
- Pouring wine at internal and external events
What we are looking for:
- Must be 19 years or older and have a Serving It Right certificate
- 1 year experience within the wine industry or customer service-related field
- WSET or applicable wine knowledge certificates are assets
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups (upwards of 20+ people at one time)
- Customer service orientated and able to exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to 6 hours in length
- Ability to lift and carry 40lbs safely
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; basic reading, listening and speaking skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and holidays
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Discounts on wine at Kalala Organic Estate Winery & Little Straw Winery (sister company)
- Discounts at the Little Straw Restaurant
- Discounts on Organic orchard pressed juices
- Free wine tastings for you and your guests
How to Apply:
- We offer a competitive hourly wage plus tips. Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to